PARTICIPATION AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK
This waiver and release covers all USA Bass Trails LLC and USA Fishing Trail events. All contestants must agree to this waiver prior to participating in a USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails event. In condition of USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails allowing me to participate, I acknowledge and agree as follows:
1 . I have read and understand the description of the event and the official rules. I will obey all rules and understand that any violation may result in immediate disqualification without refund of my entry fee. I also understand that event officials may reject my application for any reason and in that event will refund my event entry fee.
2. I understand and acknowledge that competitive fishing is a dangerous sport, the risks of which include, though not exclusively, drowning, collisions on or in the water, injuries from hooks and other fishing paraphernalia. I voluntarily assume responsibility for these risks, identified and not identified, and all risk of injury or death or damage to myself or my property or to others arising from my participation in the event.
3. I hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails, its shareholders, officers, directors, agents and employees, the host, sponsors and event officials, and its partners, agents or employees, and all other persons or entities associated with the event from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation, including specifically, but not limited to, the negligent acts or omissions of USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails, its shareholders, officers, directors, agents or employees, the host, sponsors and event official, and its partners, agents or employees and all other persons or entities associated with the event for any and all injury, death, illness or disease, and other damage or loss to property suffered by myself or others. By entering this event, I acknowledge and agree that if anyone is hurt or property damaged while I am engaged in this event, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails, its shareholders, officers, directors, agents or employees, the host, sponsors, officials and all other person or entities associated with the event, even if they or any of them negligently caused the bodily injury or property damage.
4. Any suit brought by me against USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails as a result of my participation will be brought in state or county court, Henderson County, Texas, where the principal office of USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails is located. Should it become necessary for USA Bass Trails LLC or someone on its behalf, to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, or any portion thereof , I agree to pay the reasonable attorney’s fees thereby expended, or for which liability is incurred.
5. I have sufficient health, accident and liability insurance to cover any bodily injury or property damage incurred by myself or others as a result of my participation. If I have no such insurance, then I represent that I am capable of paying for any and all such expenses or liability.
6. I have no past or present medical or psychological condition that might affect my participation in such a way as to cause harm to myself or others.
7. I irrevocably grant to USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails and its sponsors unlimited rights to use, in any media, any photographs and video/audio recordings of me, contestants, fish caught and accounts or interviews with contestants for any purposes and event coverage including, but not limited to promotional and advertising purposes. I agree to submit to and accept the results of the polygraph test given at these events.
8. All local, state and federal taxes, title, license and registration become the responsibility of each prize/cash winner.
By entering these events, it reflects that I have read this entire document, understand it completely, understand it affects my legal rights, and agree to be bound by its terms. References to “I,” “my,” “myself,” and other first-person references shall include any child or ward to which I sign. Participating in a team event, I agree that my partner, if absent from signing this release, understands all statements, rules and regulations stated in this form. By entering this event I am stating that my partner and I bath agree to these terms. I understand and agree USA Bass Trails LLC / USA Fishing Trails has the right to designate a camera boat or a “tallow” boat which will be observing only and may be within 25 yards of my boat.
*My fishing partner and I have read and understand the event rules, USA Bass Trails LLC Participation Agreement, Release and Acknowledgement of Risk.